Title: The Canadian Art Sales Index: 2012 Edition
Author: Anthony R. Westbridge
Publisher: Westbridge Publications Ltd.
Cover Type: Soft Cover
Price: $54.95 (plus shipping & GST)
Did you know that you can still buy top Canadian artists for under $5000? But for how long?
The Canadian art market did an about-face this past year, losing all the gains it had triumphantly earned the year before. Annual sales were down 26%, with only two works managing to top the $1 million barrier. Clearly the high-end of the market was the biggest loser on the year, due in large part to a shortage of important collections coming to market. However, with every cloud thereís a silver lining, and in the case of the Canadian art market, the lining favors the buyer. 74% of the works sold last year found buyers under $5000. And in among that 74% were some prominent Canadian painters. But with the blue-chip artists becoming increasingly more expensive, both at auction and privately, it is only a matter of time before collectors and investors turn even more seriously to the second and third tier artists for value and appreciation. So donít expect these top artists to stay affordable forever. Now is clearly a very good time to buy.
To help you make the right acquisition decision you need all the pertinent facts and figures on current market activity. And you can find them in the all-new 2012 edition of the Canadian Art Sales Index, Canada's principal resource guide for Canadian art prices. Now into its 32nd year the Index brings you all the prices, from $100 up, in salerooms from Saint John to Victoria, New York, London, Paris, Hong Kong, Milan and beyond.
In this yearís book Ė the 2011 edition - youíll discover:
- Over 3335 new auction prices Ė including several significant artistsí records
- Over $45.6 million in Canadian art sales
- Works by more than 1035 Canadian artists and authors
- Results from 36 salerooms and 83 auctions
- A revised Top 100 paintings list and Top 100 artistsí records
- A complete market overview for the past year as seen through the nationís leading market indicator, the WPL Composite Canadian Art Index
- And much more of interest and value to you as a collector/investor of Canadian art!
The 2012 edition of the Index has all the information you need to help you assess the value of your collection and make sound acquisition decisions to increase the net worth of your portfolio. Itís definitely one edition youíll not want to miss. Order your copy today!