Title: The Canadian Art Sales Index: 2010 Edition
Author: Anthony R. Westbridge
Publisher: Westbridge Publications Ltd.
Cover Type: Soft Cover
Price: $54.95 (plus shipping & GST)
Did your art portfolio outperform your stocks in the recent economic downturn? Chances are it did!
While the recent recession wasn’t as long as some it was certainly deep and harsh and left few investment markets unscathed. However, some certainly did better than others, and although the gross sales for Canadian art dropped substantially, due in large part to fewer works offered, the market itself held up extremely well. In fact we saw little if any real decline in prices. Indeed, despite the economic fallout there were still 5 paintings that sold for more than $1 million at auction last year, and no less than 80 works that sold for more than $100,000. Perhaps the most telling indication of the market’s buoyancy can be seen in the performance of the WPL Composite Canadian Art Index. It edged up almost 2%, a clear sign that the core artists and sectors of the Canadian market are still active and very much in demand.
Did your art portfolio outperform your stocks in the recent economic downturn? You can find the answer and a great deal more information relevant to the status of your collection in the all-new 2010 edition of the Canadian Art Sales Index, Canada's principal resource guide for Canadian art prices. Now into its 30th year the Index brings you all the prices, from $100 up, in salerooms from Saint John to Victoria, New York, London, Paris, Stockholm, Milan and beyond.
In this year’s book – the 2010 edition - you’ll discover:
- • Over 3580 new auction prices – including several significant artists’ records
- • Over $44.866 million in Canadian art sales
- • Works by more than 1060 Canadian artists and authors
- • Results from 34 salerooms and 86 auctions
- • A revised Top 100 paintings list and Top 100 artists’ records
- • A complete market overview for the past year as seen through the nation’s leading market indicator, the WPL Composite Canadian Art Index
- • And much more of interest and value to you as a collector/investor of Canadian art!
The 2010 edition of the Index has all the prices you need to help you assess the value of your collection in the wake of one of the worst economic periods in history. It’s definitely one edition you’ll not want to miss. Order your copy today!