Title: The Canadian Art Sales Index: 2014 Edition
The 2012/13 auction season for Canadian art was, to say the least, an eventful one with not all the headlines being reserved for prices realized. It was, for example, the year that saw Sotheby's Canada exit the Canadian auction scene after a presence of 44 years. It was also the year that saw a major newcomer enter the auction market with internet-only auctions. And it was the year that the Canadian Art Sales Index finally went online!
Author: Anthony R. Westbridge
Publisher: Westbridge Publications Ltd.
Cover Type: Soft Cover
Price: $54.95 (plus shipping & GST)
When we published our first edition in 1980 the market in Canada was very much in its infancy with $100,000 art prices practically unheard of. This past season more than 50 works exceeded that figure. How did this improvement affect the performance of your fine art portfolio? As always, you'll find all the facts and figures for the season's activity in the all new 2014 edition of the Canadian Art Sales Index - our 34th year of publication!
In this year’s book – the 2014 edition - you’ll discover:
- Every price from $100 up for paintings, watercolours, prints, sculpture and Canadian art books
- Market performance! A complete overview of the Canadian art market as seen by the nation's leading market indicator, the WPL Composite Canadian Art Index
- The top 100 Canadian Paintings sold at auction
- The top 100 individual Candian artists' records
- Convenience and accessibility. The Index is a pocket-sized handbook you can take everywhere: to auctions, exhibitions and on buying trips
The 2014 edition of the Index has all the information you need to help you assess the value of your collection and make sound acquisition decisions to increase the net worth of your portfolio. It’s definitely one edition you’ll not want to miss. Order your copy today!