Title: The Canadian Art Sales Index: 2011 Edition
Author: Anthony R. Westbridge
Publisher: Westbridge Publications Ltd.
Cover Type: Soft Cover
Price: $54.95 (plus shipping & GST)
With 80% of the Canadian art market still selling under $10,000, is now the right time to buy?
While the recent recession wasn’t as long as some it was certainly deep and harsh and left few investment markets unscathed. However, some certainly did better than others, and although the gross sales for Canadian art dropped substantially, due in large part to fewer works offered, the market itself held up extremely well. In fact we saw little if any real decline in prices. Indeed, despite the economic fallout there were still 5 paintings that sold for more than $1 million at auction last year, and no less than 80 works that sold for more than $100,000. Perhaps the most telling indication of the market’s buoyancy can be seen in the performance of the WPL Composite Canadian Art Index. It edged up almost 2%, a clear sign that the core artists and sectors of the Canadian market are still active and very much in demand.
To make this decision you need all the pertinent facts and figures on current market activity. And you can find them in the all-new 2011 edition of the Canadian Art Sales Index, Canada's principal resource guide for Canadian art prices. Now into its 31st year the Index brings you all the prices, from $100 up, in salerooms from Saint John to Victoria, New York, London, Paris, Sydney, Milan and beyond.
In this year’s book – the 2011 edition - you’ll discover:
- Over 3390 new auction prices – including several significant artists’ records
- Over $61.88 million in Canadian art sales
- Works by more than 980 Canadian artists and authors
- Results from 39 salerooms and 90 auctions
- A revised Top 100 paintings list and Top 100 artists’ records
- A complete market overview for the past year as seen through the nation’s leading market indicator, the WPL Composite Canadian Art Index
- And much more of interest and value to you as a collector/investor of Canadian art!
The 2011 edition of the Index has all the information you need to help you assess the value of your collection and make sound acquisition decisions to increase the net worth of your portfolio. It’s definitely one edition you’ll not want to miss. Order your copy today!