Title : Canadian Art Sales Index: 2009 Edition
Author: Anthony R. Westbridge
Publisher: Westbridge Publications Ltd.
Cover Type: Soft Cover
Price: $54.95 (plus shipping & GST)
Record $71 million season sees average price per painting
up 18.65% as market continues to grow!
Last year it was $65 million, this year it's $71 million! The Canadian
art market continued its surge forward eclipsing record after record en route
to a mammoth season's total of just over $71 million in 2007-08. Although there
were fewer works sold on the year, collectors and investors were out in force
to ensure not only a 12th consecutive market gain for total Canadian art sales,
but also a new record for the average price of a Canadian painting sold at auction
which now sits at a healthy $15,581. Although there was strength in the upper
end of the market - no less than 11 paintings sold for more than $1million!
- the real story of this year's success lies in the lower end of the market
which, overall, showed considerable gains, with fewer works selling under $5,000
making those great deals even harder to find.
With stronger prices, a $71million season and 12 years of market growth all
in the mix, what has happened to the value of your fine art portfolio? You can
find the answers and a great deal more information relevant to the status of
your collection in the all-new 2009 edition of the Canadian Art Sales
Index, Canada's principal resource guide for Canadian art prices. Now into
its 29th year the Index brings you all the prices, from $100 up, in salerooms
from Saint John to Victoria, New York, London, Paris, Stockholm, Sydney, and
In this year's book - the 2009 edition - you'll discover:
- Over 4550 new auction prices - including several significant artists' records
- Over $71.004 million in Canadian art sales
- Works by more than 1120 Canadian artists and authors
- Results from 44 salerooms and 117 auctions
- A revised Top 100 paintings list and Top 100 artists' records
- A complete market overview for the past year as seen through the nation's
leading market indicator, the WPL Composite Canadian Art Index
- And much more of interest and value to you as a collector/investor of Canadian
The 2009 edition of the Index has the prices that, once again,
have set a whole new benchmark for Canadian art. It's definitely one edition
you'll not want to miss. Order your copy today!